Friday, April 3, 2009

Leave All to Follow

While reading and studying Matthew 4:18 - 22, I realized how often people who love Jesus are asked to follow. Following Him can mean leaving all behind, like James and John who left their fishing boat AND their father. Or, like Simon (Peter) and Andrew, we leave our jobs and tools to follow Him.

Right now I am in the process of packing and giving Bailey to a retired couple. Emotionally, I have been doing a lot of grieving, which is part of the preparation. This really spoke to me as we don't see their process, just the result of getting up, following, and leaving behind...All four disciples left immediately, apparently without question, and followed Him. Something in the Lord's presence gave them peace and assurance that this was what they were to do. They had no reservations.

I want to go to India. I know that in this experience the Lord will draw closer to me. I am excited when I look ahead. I realize that there will be grief and a time when I will say, "What did I do?!!" But, His presence drives me to go. His peace is even in the grieving. His plan is always exciting when I obey. So, like Simon and Andrew, like James and John, I will get up, look ahead, and follow our loving, wise Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment