Friday, July 17, 2009

The Best Pathway?

For You are my hiding place;
You protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory.
The Lord says,
I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
Psalm 32:7 - 8 NLT
Isn't it profound that in June this was the passage that I quoted? Wow! This is now what I need. Today it was confirmed that I have breast cancer which is also in at least one lymph node. Instead of going to India in ten days, I will be heading to the hospital. These verses are a great reminder that He is with me and this cancer is no surprise to Him.

"What?" you say. Yes, He knew and was guiding me. I had been at peace with not having my home on the market yet, not selling my car to a colleague, and the packers not giving me a date for them to pack and ship my items. Now I am thankful for all of those events. I still have my home, my car, and my clothes. As I look around, I see His hand in many of the preparations that I thought were to head toward India but are instead to help me with the rough road ahead. All I can say tonight is that He is a good God and I have to remember that as I go through the next few months. You can agree or disagree with me but please join me on my journey...a different one than we discussed but an adventure just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment