Monday, February 22, 2010

My Loving Quilt

What a beautiful gift of love I received from students and parents at Emerald Park! A parent of two of my previous students organized the project and put it together. Students that had been in my classes wrote and colored on squares. It was so much fun to read their messages and see their drawings. The quilt is backed with pink and white breast cancer fleece. I feel loved!

Just like God's love, the quilt is also functional. During chemo the nurses give you a warm blanket to cover you as the drugs can make you cold. Now I will be using my quilt in chemo. It reminds me of my loving students and is symbolic of their hugs.

God's love has gone with me to chemo each week, through all of the side effects, and the days of fatigue. He is as real as the quilt and covers me with love, hope, and peace. I can complain, rejoice, and tell Him my innermost secrets. Just like the quilt, His presence makes me feel loved.

Thank-you Emerald Park family!

No comments:

Post a Comment