Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Book of Ruth

Today, I began studying Ruth.  Naomi and Ruth went through many changes and so it seemed an appropriate place to find wisdom.  First a move to another country:  different beliefs, possibly a different language, different customs, and a different living situation.  They left all of their friends, place of worship, work, and home.  Naomi left the familiar with her husband and two sons.  She trusted God, knew His ways, and kept her faith, her anchor.

My move is less drastic than Naomi's move.  She moved into an unfamiliar culture but I just moved to another state.  Tho' I didn't move "with" anyone, I did move "in with" family.  I can still communicate with Washington friends and relatives too.  Brave Naomi didn't have that connectedness.  During my adjustment time, I will reflect on her wisdom and faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment