Sunday, October 9, 2011

Understanding

It is a great feeling to be "filled up".  After hearing Kev's sermon about not being anxious, I spent an hour on the deck with classical music playing, my Bible, and my journal. 

During the night my toes and feet were really cramping.  They kept me awake and so I could not make myself get up and go to church.  (Thankfully, Kevin's past sermon's are online and I was able to listen to one that I had missed.)  I generally try to figure out what is causing pain, discomfort, lack of energy, etc.  But, in the end, I don't know if it has something to do with increasing my walking, wearing/not wearing shoes, low potassium, or neuropathy.  All I really can do is make sure that I am eating foods high in potassium, observe pain to see if after walking, or if with/without shoes.  As for now, living is what I am asked to do.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do
and He will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5 - 6  NLT

In my Bible reading, it became even more clear that I am to be using the gifts that God has given me...now.  My energy cannot be spent on trying to figure out everything my body is doing.  I have a good oncologist and it is her job to help sort all of this out.  My energy is to be used on eternal issues.  

Between Acts 1 and Exodus, one can see that our loving Lord gives us what we need when we are told to do something.  The disciples were to wait for the Holy Spirit and Moses was to go speak to Pharaoh.  The disciples obeyed.  Moses made excuses.  Which do I do?  Or, should I say when do I obey and when do I act like Moses' early days? 

TRUST ~ SEEK ~ WATCH
"Yes" as my little nephew says.
"Yes, Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment