Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Process

I had my CT Scan a few days ago but I haven't been worrying or thinking much about the results.  This time I was able to process the outcome the way I did when Tim, my son, was in Iraq.

For a mother having a child in war is a difficult time. The Lord was faithful, helped me, and gave me peace.  One thing I did was think about what could happen.  Then, I went through each scenario and thought about what the future would be like. I gave it back to the Lord and if I was tempted to take it back and worry, I'd go through the steps again.

This week, I listed what the CT Scan could show:
        1. The tumors have shrunk in size or disappeared due to the medication.
        2. The medication has kept the tumors the same size.
        3. The tumors have grown.
        4. The cancer has spread and there are more tumors in the lungs.
        5. The cancer has spread to other parts of my body.
Next, I thought about what each possibility would mean for my life. 
        1. Praise the LORD, the side effects from the medication are worth it.
        2. Same...Praise the LORD, it is worth it.
        3. With my oncologist, we will decide if there is another option for treatment.
        4. Same discussion will be needed.
        5. This discussion will be about the quality of life.
Last, the situation goes back to the LORD because it is out of my control.  While waiting, I can read verses in my Bible, listen to music, laugh, write, go up to southern Washington/Oregon to visit family and friends, use my camera to record the beauty around me, and focus on those around me. 

The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust Him with all my heart.
He helps me,
and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalm 28:7  NLT


Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take. 
Proverbs 3:5 - 6  NLT


This process works for me while in limbo.  Each of us are unique and must find our own way to cope while waiting for answers.  What is your coping process?

No comments:

Post a Comment