Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Live Like That

There is a group, Sidewalk Prophets, who sings "I Want to Live Like That". It is a very powerful song and this weekend was like that for me. We had house guests for the weekend who are bright lights for the Lord. A single lady and her 19 year old daughter. They have so much joy, and are the type of people who energize others.

Desiree adopted Uminda from an orphanage in Uzbekistan for children with physical impairments. Uminda is was a triathlon in the para-Olympics but injured her back before the 2008 Olympics in China. Now she is trying for London in swimming. Her Mom found out that she has MS just a few years ago. The exciting part of spending time with them is hearing how the Lord has been working in their lives. They are both down to earth ladies and so comfortable to be with them.

Someone asked Desiree how she copes with the disappointments while in Uzbekistan or here in the US. Her answer was one that I have said, "I know that I am where I am supposed to be." That is what the Sidewalk Prophets sing: Live Like That, knowing that you are where God wants you to be. If we live like that, we know that all details are worked out because HE is with us. It does not mean that the journey will continue in the same direction we plan but each dip in the road we know Who is in control.

You know what I am going to say
Even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
You place Your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
Too great for me to understand!

Psalm 139:1 - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment