Friday, April 16, 2010

Unexpected Turn

Do you ever feel like you know where the road is going and then all of a sudden it takes a turn? Life would be quite boring if we could see every detail in the road...a straight road. Our faith would be unnecessary because we would know everything that was heading our way.

Today I had my appointment with my oncologist. The roughest part of chemo is over and the radiation part of my treatment has been planned. But, another set of tests has been ordered because I have some symptoms that could indicate a brain tumor. It is unlikely but as a precaution I will have several tests to make sure that no cancer cells have survived or traveled.

There is no map for this, just waiting. These past nine months I have learned to focus on what I know and take it one step at a time. I am not a very disciplined person except when it comes to my mind. Thankfully, for the next two weeks, my thoughts will stay on knowing Who is in control, remembering what is true or known, and continuing to build my physical strength.

And we know that God causes everything to work together
for the good of those who love God
and are called according to His purposes for them.
Can anything separate us from Christ's love?
Does it mean that He no longer loves us
if we have trouble or calamity,
or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger,
or threatened with death?
No, despite all these things,
overwhelming victory is ours through Christ
Who loved us.
Romans 8:28, 35 - 38 NLT

I will not look at the curve in the road but rather at the One Who loves me beyond my understanding...and the One Who knows my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment