Sunday, April 18, 2010

Discouraged

Why am I discouraged?
Why am I so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise Him again-
my Savior and my God.

Now I am deeply discouraged,
but I will remember Your kindness...

Through each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me,
and through each night I sing His songs,
praying to God Who gives me life...

Why am I discouraged?
Why am I so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise Him again-
my Savior and my God.
Ps 42:1-3, 5, 8, 11 NLT

Why am I discouraged? It doesn't feel like I am thinking about the potential information of Wednesday's tests. Maybe the question for me should be "Am I discouraged?" At times I'm bored. Sometimes I'm frustrated because the neuropathy in my hands holds me back from writing, cutting, and using the computer. It is even difficult to clip my nails or open the Tylenol bottle. I get irritated with myself for not being brave enough to go out and walk, or try driving again. (I think that I am too wobbly to walk without holding something. My focus had been too scattered to drive.)

My oncologist said that I need to realize that my energy will return gradually, not all at once. Take small steps - 5 minutes of walking - instead of thinking that I should be able to go back to pre-cancer energy. I believe the word is PATIENCE! (I hate that word, but it is such a huge part of life.) Start with 5 minutes and then gradually increase the exercise. Ok. That is doable.

Discouraged? Yes. Should I be? No! I can see. I can sing. I can hear. I can talk. I can smile. I can feel. I can read...and...I am loved. Reread Ps 42. It reminds me of the Lord's kindness, His unfailing love, His songs, and life. There is hope - hope in Him - hope from Him. Am I discouraged? No. Not once I write and read His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment