Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Discouraged?

Study this Book of Instruction continually.
Meditate on it day and night
so you will be sure to obey everything written in it.
Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
This is my command—
Be strong and courageous!
Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the LORD your God
is with you
wherever you go.
Joshua 1:8 - 9  NLT

This is exactly where I was today:  discouraged, confused, disappointed. My trip to spend three weeks in the Pacific Northwest begins this Saturday. I will be with friends and my daughter  in Kent/Renton area for a week, in Ethel/Salkum/Chehalis area for a week with my sister's and niece's family, and in Salem, OR the last week with my son and daughter-in-law. My energy level is so low that I don't know how this will happen.

Yesterday, I felt this way and then Kevin, and later, Luann, talked with me about my concerns. That made me realize that I could go and people would need to come my way to visit. Tonight, Kevin talked with me - and listened - and I am no longer discouraged. He can see the patterns in my low evergy times better than I can.  I don't step back and look at the broader picture. I am not getting worse, the lack of energy just seems to cycle. 

In my head I can easily get stuck on thoughts of the cancer spreading to my brain. That has been one place I'd like to stay cancer-free. A few days ago, I realized that God is there too, so do not waste time worrying about it. As simple as that sounds, it actually helps me to remember His constant Presence. 

Cancer, along with many events and stages in our lives, can be uncertain, a path that turns ahead so that we cannot see what is coming. That is where my faith - your faith - needs to be. Study (before the crisis). Meditate (before the uncertainty comes). Obey His Word (before the path is dark). Then we can be STRONG. We can be COURAGEOUS. We will be FREE from WORRY. We will already know and trust the Almighty God. All of it goes through His gentle, loving hands before it touches us. He has proven Himself trustworthy!

Study His Word...see how God works and what He promises
Meditate on His Word...let His character fill your mind
Obey His Word...He gives us safer, more joy-filled, peaceful ways to live


No comments:

Post a Comment