Friday, February 3, 2012

A Joyful Greeting

“But as for me, I will sing about Your power.
Each morning I will sing with joy about Your unfailing love.
For You have been my refuge,
a place of safety when I am in distress.”
Psalm 59:16 NLT

This week I have had three visitors as my brother's family is in Chicago. It has been a great visit and just feels like home: a close friend, my great-niece, and my great-great nephew. The "Little Man" is two, almost three.  He wakes up every day full of joy. "Hi, Aunt Kathy", "Hi, Grandma", "Hi, Mama", all with a smile. He is a great example for everyone and when you see him, you have to smile.

Each morning I want to "sing with joy" about the Lord's love. Our days are so full of blessings from Him. Most days in San Jose, we are greeted with beautiful sunshine but in Kent, we were greeted with clouds a lot of the time. Each cloud was so unique - color, shape, size - that it made me thank God for their beauty and the reminder that each of us is unique. Both places have beauty. The sounds of birds, wind, people laughing or singing, music, or water can bring joy.  Future events or the people that will be seen can bring joy.  All are gifts or blessings from God.

When the greeting each morning from the "Little Man" is so positive and happy, that I wonder if I greet the Lord with the same positive enthusiasm. Just like the Psalmist said, "Each morning I will sing of joy about His unfailing love."  I want the Lord to be greeted just as I have been greeted each day this week.  So, each morning, I will greet Him with thankfulness and joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment