Sunday, May 24, 2009

HE Knows

As the time to leave quickly draws closer, I can see the stress on my family and friends. This weekend I have been blessed to be with Tim and Rachel in Oregon. The weather is fantastic and the communication has been memorable. This is a gift from the Lord, for sure. But, underlying it all has been the awareness that Tim is grieving the loss of time with me.

Then I received a text from Ashley, my niece, asking if there was a verse that I turn to when life is overwhelming. I read it out loud and Tim and I both said, "Jeremiah 29:11."

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.
"They are plans for good and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope..."
I believe that down to the core of my being. But, it isn't just about me. This adventure of mine will touch family and friends too. And, this verse applies to all of us who are in contact with Him. That is a comfort to me too as I am concerned about Tim and Christy, Karen, Connie and Kelley, etc, etc, etc

Then my devotions in Psalm 66 reminded me:

Our lives are in His hands
and He keeps us from stumbling.
You have tested..
You have purified...
But you brought us to a place of great abundance. vs 9 - 12

No comments:

Post a Comment