Sunday, May 10, 2009

Word of God Speak


Word Of God Speak - MercyMe
Source: www.youtube.com
Word Of God Speak by MercyMe
Friday and Saturday we packed up and moved most of my furniture and belongings. My downstairs is empty of furniture and the upstairs is in piles. As Tim left to go back to Oregon, he gave me a huge hug. There was a sigh and I began the next phase of leaving: knowing that I am really going to miss my kids, family, and friends. It is not the material things or this place that has been my home for nine years. It is people - relationships. Tonight I started picturing being all the way across the world, 12 1/2 hours time difference, and not knowing anyone. I was trying to visualize getting off the plane on July 27 and meeting people that I do not know, getting into the van, going into my new home, and trying to go to sleep knowing that I have left everyone at home.

Mother's Day is always a reflective day for me because Mom has been gone from earth for almost twenty years. With packing up and going through old photos it hit me differently this year. Then I got on Facebook and read Ashley's (my niece) thoughts and listened to/watched Luann's (sister-in-law) posting of Mercy Me's song. Everything was back in perspective: the only relationship Who guides me, protects me, and gives me peace will be with me. I will miss my family tremendously, be without my friends who support me and make me laugh, and leave the familiar behind...but I will be drawn deeper to the Lord. HE will speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment