Monday, May 3, 2010

Plans and Grief

Last week two things helped me move forward in my life: the MRI and CT scan showed no cancer...and I will be teaching at Emerald Park again! Fantastic news! Each day my strength is increasing and my mind is getting more clear. The Taxel is getting out of my system. I will still have radiation for six weeks but it does not have the same type of side effects. And, I am still bald but I do have fuzz. lol

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.
"They are plans for good and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope..."
Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

This verse is so full of hope even if the MRI would have shown a tumor...but it didn't. It gives such peace because I know that whatever comes my way or has come my way, it is in the Lord's loving hands. This knowledge has helped me over the past ten months along with Psalm 91:4 which assures me that I can find refuge under His wings. He has always been faithful to me and that also gave me peace.

How can I complain? It was odd to me that I was feeling very sad tonight until I realized that my way of dealing with stress or loss is to stay strong, live through it, adjust, and then feel true emotions. I may cry, feel the loss of the year, think about India, but I also feel joy. Many people have shown me such love and there have been many, many blessings...but I do need to grieve the losses so that I can move on. Plans for good, full of hope. That will be my foundation and the power that will allow me to grieve and then get up and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment