Saturday, May 22, 2010

Radiation and Strength

I have completed eleven days of radiation with 25 to go. With the type of cancer I have/had, this is the easy part so far. (Not everyone has it this easy with radiation. It all depends on the location of the cancer.) I do get tired after it and have the beginning of a sunburn but all of that is temporary.

After writing that, it made me realize that everything in life is temporary. Most of it depends on our attitude. Three days this week I started my day by reading Psalms 66 and 67. My attitude was so positive because my focus wasn't on me. Then I changed my wall hanging from reminding me that I can hide under His wings to Is 40:31
Those that wait upon the Lord
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.
For me that is really important to remember. Strength is what I am wanting. Isn't everyone needing strength for each day and situation? Teachers are needing strength to get through the demanding part of the school year. Those entering the work force need strength because they are not used to getting up that early. Parents of young children need strength because their sleep is scheduled by the little blessing. And, do I need to say anything about parents of teenagers??? We all need strength and our focus needs to be on the Lord. It will come in His perfect timing. We just need to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment