Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another CT Scan

Tonight I am having a difficult time.  I had another CT Scan to see if the kidney cancer medication is containing the cancer, reducing it, or having no impact.  As usual, there is a wait time of two to three days before finding out the results.  Most of the time I give it to God and know that all will be fine.  The past few tests have had negative results and maybe that is why I am feeling this way:  kidney cancer had metastasized into my right lung, the cancer had spread to my left lung. 

Emotions are all over the place but it probably has many reasons, one being limbo and another moving away from the familiar.  Reality is this move is exciting with many perks.  Reality is that God has prepared me my whole life for this journey.  Reality is that I love watching where new journeys take me.  That being said, my emotions are still all over the place.
I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly speak His praises.
      I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are helpless take heart.
Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
let us exalt His name together.
I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me.
He freed me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
He saved me from all my troubles.

He surrounds and defends all who fear Him. 
Psalm 34:1 - 8  NLT
After reading Psalm 34, I went to bed and knew that the loving, all powerful Savior was with me, surrounding me, holding me.  That is peace in the midst of the storm. 

Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!




No comments:

Post a Comment