Thursday, September 1, 2011

Joy

So be truly glad.
There is wonderful joy ahead,
even though you have to endure many trials
for a little while.
I Peter 1:6  NLT

Be truly glad...not just external joy but internal too.  Not joy to appear strong, but deep down inside us.  Why?  "Look at what is happening to me," you say.  How can I be full of joy? 

I'm waiting for my MRI results and may have to wait until Tuesday - five more days.  I'm not good at waiting because I do best knowing what is ahead.  When I know, life moves forward for me.  When I don't know, I have to discipline myself to stay away from "what if" thoughts.  So, I decided to look up verses about joy and found this one: 
                     ~ Be truly glad
                     ~ Wonderful joy ahead
                     ~ Trials to endure
                     ~ Trials for a little while
Isn't our Lord good?  This verse is perfect and just what I needed.  As you know I've been in this waiting pattern many times; all with cancer, relationship issues, other health issues, job interview results, also wait.  Our loving Lord gives us hope:  we'll have problems but look ahead to the joy we will have.  This is all temporary...temporary. 

I love the Lord!  He is loving, compassionate, patient, understanding, ever-present, and forgiving.  Focus on Him and be truly glad because of the relationship He allows us to have with Him.  That is joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment