Saturday, September 24, 2011

What Do We See?

Last night I was able to Skype with family and friends.  It was so great to see their faces.  We regularly text and sometimes call each other but this was different.  My two-year-old great-great nephew could see me and I could see him.  We connected with each other.  My friends commented about how great it was to see me and that we would have to Skype more frequently.

If we are so visual in our connections with others, how do we relate to God?  He is invisible...or is He?  We have His Word, lessons in His creation (animals, plants, scenery), and the people He created in His image.  I cannot see Him in a body because He cannot be contained.  But, He can be "seen" in His creation.  The more of His Word that is read, the more I can see His characteristics.  The more I learn about His characteristics, the more I "see" Him active in my life.  The more aware of His activity in my life, the more I love Him...and "see" Him.  He is visible to us when we look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment