Saturday, August 13, 2011

In His Hands

God is our refuge and strength,
Always ready to help in times of need.
Psalm 46:1
Back to reality: medical issues. It is often frustrating to think you can do something and then stand up and know that there is no energy for that task. This can happen even when we don't have cancer. Do you ever pray, "Lord, I want to be able to ..."? And then it doesn't happen. Why? I don't know but I do know that at that point I need to rethink the day and go a different direction.

I'm learning that His help is sometimes a change in my attitude or expectations.  If I listen to my body, do what I need (drink water, take meds, etc), and look to Him, I can "roll with the punches".  We've often talked about His plan vs our plan, but not usually when referring to one day.  For me, this is the day to rethink what it is going to include.  I've never found grumbling or complaining to help me with energy so I'll look to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment