Sunday, August 21, 2011

Want vs Best

Tears in my eyes because I physically couldn't make it to church.  A young wife crying because her husband walked out.  A childless couple going through another disappointing month.  Friendships getting strained due to different stages in life.  And yet, Lord, all have been praying to You.  Why?  Are You listening?  Are You answering?  What are You doing in these situations?

Father, I don't question having cancer, metastasizing into both lungs, or reactions to drugs.  But, I really wanted to go to church today.  We talked before I went to sleep.  Every time I woke up in the night, we talked about me going to church today.  We talked about stopping satan from touching my body so that I couldn't go.  We talked...

But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me,
and through each night I sing his songs,
praying to God who gives me life.
Psalm 42:8 NLT

When I stop, think about why my eyes are tearing, and realize that it is just one day, it is easy to go to the Lord again.  He reminds me in His Word that He is listening and loves me.  My disappointment is very little when looking at what others are going through today.  I wanted...He said, "No".  He is the King of my life and so I turn to Him, not understanding the "why" but trusting His kingship and wisdom.

The Lord says,
I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment