Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Shelter

But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do.
Psalm 73:28  NLT

The last two days have been difficult for me.  I have had no energy today and one or two hours yesterday.  My poor body has no reserve so when it is fighting a stye or cold or anything, that is all it can do.  I spend most of the time sleeping except for times on the computer or my cell phone. 

As I'm going to sleep, I do pray which is a blessing to me.  Two urgent prayer needs today were a premature baby whose heart rate dropped.  Then a man in his 70s has blood cancer and began chemo.  The list is long for other needs.  Military needs as several of my friends have children in the service right now. Those young men and women who have served in war zones need prayer too as they are physically or emotionally wounded.  One lady from our church and another friend have regular transfusions which means they are fatigued before going to get the transfusion.  My step-mother's 97 year old sister passed away.  A friend's husband has ALS and it is beginning to slow down his daily routines.  Then there are my children and their personal needs, as well as other family members (and caretakers). On and on and on.  I am so thankful and blessed for this time to spend in prayer. 

Tonight, as I go to sleep, I will be praying for many people.  The Lord will wrap His loving arms around me, be present as I pray and fall asleep.  Thoughts of Heaven will surround me as I drift off to sleep.  He is so real, so loving, so compassionate, sovereign, and wise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment