Thursday, January 5, 2012

Can You Believe?

Can you believe that it is 2012? It doesn't seem like it was 12 years ago that the KY2 scare had everyone talking. Wow! That went fast.

Can you believe that it is time to make new resolutions? I do not usually make new year's resolutions because I like to reflect and adjust regularly. I don't wait for the new year.  With cancer, it is easy to reevaluate life, goals, and priorities frequently.

This week has been an odd week for me because I'm winding down from our LA trip. While going to sleep I think of a list of things to do tomorrow...yea, right!  Later, waking up is hard.  And then, reality kicks in:  little energy.  Thankfully my mind is strong.  So, I review my "bucket list" which we all need whether we have a disease or not.  My conclusion is that family, friends, and my relationship with the Lord are my priorities.  How I accomplish those priorities is what can take a different turn.  Travels and experiences and accomplishments can happen but the focus is the Lord, my kids & extended family, and friends. 

To help me live in reality, I have been reading American Cancer Society's articles on RCC and will read the Cancer Center information too.  I have read about the medication that I am taking and keep checking to see if there is anything new too.  But, when all information is studied, it comes back to "I am an individual" and God knows the plan.  The next question is "Can you believe that God has everything in control?"  Does He?

We put our hope in the Lord.

He is our help and our shield.
In Him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in His Holy name.
Psalm 33:20 - 21  NLT





No comments:

Post a Comment