Monday, April 23, 2012

Visiting the Past

What a new trip I am putting myself on:  going thru my blog from the beginning of 2009. My sister had suggested that my kids might want a copy of my blog.  Well, the last two days have not been very good physically.  Neuropathy has popped its ugly head out. Between the pain in feet, balance issues, weakness in legs, pain in hands, and numbing in spots, I have not done anything except sleep, eat, drink, use the restroom. Tonight I have begun to cut and paste my blog starting when I was planning to teach out of the country.

Reading each entry as I cut and pasted, has really made me relive all of the events:  packing, giving things away, emptying the bottom floor of my town home.  Then there was the excitement of being chosen to teach in India. What an exciting time and one of learning to say good-bye.  With ten days until I would be going overseas, cancer was confirmed. 

I have been so blessed and can see even more ways that the Lord prepared family, friends, and me for the "real journey".  We've practiced saying good-bye, seeing how the Lord was potentially filling in the voids, and experiencing change and the stages of grief.  Each of us, in our own ways, has learned how to accept what comes into our path. 

Tonight, this is going to be short but as the week goes on, I will come back and say more about this process of seeing the Lord's hand in every step.  He is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment