Friday, April 27, 2012

Worry for Nothing

As I continue the journey into the past, there have been feelings that I had forgotten.  For one thing the unknown is often worse than when the future becomes the present and then the past.  I forgot how afraid I was about radiation.  It definitely was not as bad as I expected.  Others have had a horrible time because of the location of their cancer.  Mine was not bad.  But isn't our worry usually worse than the actual event?

Don’t worry about your personal belongings,
for the best of all the land of Egypt is yours.’ Gen 45:20  NLT

Belongings are just that:  things.  What could be better than the gifts from our Heavenly Father?

Now don’t worry about a thing, my daughter.
I will do what is necessary,
for everyone in town knows you are a virtuous woman.  Ruth 3:11  NLT

A new situation for Ruth, new country, new life ~ do not worry!

And don’t worry about those donkeys that were lost three days ago,
for they have been found I Sam 9:20a  NLT

Often solved before we are even aware of the problem.

Don’t worry about this Philistine,” David told Saul.
“I’ll go fight him!”
... The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear
will rescue me from this Philistine!”  I Sam 17:32, 37  NLT

Past experience and protection from the Lord showed David that he would be protected.  That has been true in my life:  the Lord teaches me something from His Word in a less serious situation.  Then, He let's me see His work again, in something more difficult.  He has "proven" Himself faithful in everything...EVERYTHING.  That is why there is peace now even tho' everything about my health is unknown.


Be still in the Presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for Him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes.  Psalm 37:7  NLT

He will answer our needs, give us protection and joy in new situations, find what is lost, rescue us when we follow Him, and HE WILL ACT! Trust HIM.  HIS timing is perfect.  We only see a little and He sees the big picture.

Look and review when and how He has shown you His love and faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment