Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Day, A New Month, A New Year, A New Song

He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
and steadied me as I walked along.

Amen! The LORD has done that for me.  In the year 2011, I was recovering from a lobectomy, seriously reacted to the chemo drug for RCC (kidney cancer), was hospitalized for six days, had a serious infection that put me back into the hospital for four more days, and has moved me to San Jose.  I had to retire from teaching, rent out my townhome, move two states away from family and friends, and make adjustments to my physical way of life.

Despair? Depressed? Discouraged? Maybe at times but this Almighty God lifted me, set my feet on solid ground, and steadied me as I walked each day. This is for real in my life. I do look at life differently but maybe the way we should always live life. I have prioritized what is important to me:  family, friends, relationship with the Lord, praying, reading/studying His Word, writing, reading, pausing to look all around me, bringing joy to others, and encouraging anyone who is brought into my life.
 
He has given me a new song to sing,
a hymn of praise to our God.

This past week I have been blessed with visiting my nephew and his family in the LA area.  Every other day I was able to do things with them.  Then I would "crash" for a day and be able to get up and go again.  I even went to Disneyland!  I have been blessed with contentment for little steps or activities, and a brother and sister-in-law who will assist me.  Our Lord shows me the positive steps and makes me cherish life around me.  HE cares about me, loves me, and walks each step with me.

Many will see what He has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord.
Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord,
who have no confidence in the proud
or in those who worship idols.
Psalm 40:2 - 4  NLT

We all have struggles.  Some are financial, constant pain, loss of a family member or friend, or rejection.  You may have a teenager who is out of control or a friend who is making poor choices.  Someone you know may be in a coma or battling a disease. Our gracious loving Lord knows and can be trusted.  As we say goodbye to Saturday, to December, to 2011, to our troubles, trust the all-knowing, ever-present God.  There is joy in trusting Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment