Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Can Be Reflective

Making the waiting and preparation for the celebration of Jesus' birth can be personal but also reflective.  Realizing that the Lord of all is personally involved in our daily lives is exhilarating!  For me, He gave me the necessary energy to get blood tests, etc completed for Wed.'s oncology appointment. It was amazing. Where was that energy hiding?

The whole day the Lord was visible and blessed me personally. Maggie, the family dog, brought me her ball and we played together. Another Christmas tub was found and it had a collection of my books. Some of my decorations were added to the rooms throughout the house. It feels like Christmas - Advent and home!

How is REFLECTING different from making this season personal? Personal is being aware of our Lord's presence in our lives. Reflecting is taking time to write, draw, discuss, record about the day or two days. How would you describe yesterday in regards to God's Presence? Your awareness of preparing for Christmas? What brought joy? What brought peace? What showed love?

For me, it was interesting to see how I went from being depressed at how my health impacts others' lives to feeling content to feeling joyful. The circumstances did not change but my understanding of my emotions changed. Reflection turned my depression to joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment