Saturday, December 24, 2011

Advent is About the Nativity

And there was the Baby, lying in the manger.
After seeing Him,
the shepherds told everyone what had happened
and what the angel had said to them about this Child.
Luke 2:16 - 17  NLT

The shepherds went, saw, and told others.  We can go toward Him this Christmas and see Who He is and what He is.  Just like the shepherds, we will not be disappointed.

As I am writing this it is Christmas Eve.  I am at home unable to go to church. For the first time in a long time, it really bothered me and I teared up.  My brother's family's Christmas Eve tradition is to go to their favorite Chinese restaurant and then to church.  I was really looking forward to going to both.  Last night was the play, "Christmas Carol" at the repertoire theater.  I also could not go.  My meds make me fatigued and I've had three migraines (vision, numbing, nausea) in the past week.  No energy.  Head hurts. Breathing is difficult. 

That is not where I am supposed to be or stay, emotionally.  This weekend is not about me.  This is about our Lord and all that He gave up for me - you - us.  So, instead of throwing a pity party, I need to look around at the reminders of why I wanted to go to church, why I want to celebrate, why I want to bring joy to others. It is totally because of our Lord Jesus Christ and His sacrifices.

If you are like me and did not get to do what you wanted or expected, focus on the manger, on others, on God.  Now I am glad that the others got to enjoy the play, dinner, and church. 

The shepherds went back to their flocks,
glorifying and praising God
for all they had heard and seen.
It was just as the angel had told them.
Luke 2:20  NLT


(I did get a plate of food from the restaurant. Yum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment