Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent

Advent is a time of preparation. Transitions are a part of life filled with preparations.  After spending three weeks in southern Washington and Oregon, I have now returned home to San Jose. Emotionally it was interesting to go to Washington and emotional while returning home. Going from healthy to cancer with no energy has been a huge transition.  And, now, all of us are transitioning from Thanksgiving to Christmas time.

Jesus willfully transitioned from Heaven to Earth. He went from perfection to chaos, no enclosure to a limiting body, perfect love to rejection, Deity to human. Jesus did this for us so we use this time to prepare for the celebration of His birth. 

P - Personal
R - Reflective
E - Exciting
P - Prayerful
A - Adoration
R - Radiant
A - Almighty
T - Traditions
 I -  Intentional
O - Others
N - Nativity

From now until December 25, I want to focus on preparing for Christmas. Hopefully it will remind us that we are preparing for many things during our journey together. This whole month watch to see where God is taking you. While preparing to come home, I was trying to sleep but was frustrated due to little energy. I had wanted to make special memories with Tim and Rachel but didn't have energy to leave the house. I decided to check Facebook and saw that the verse on my News Feed from Bible was Psalm 73:26:

My health may fail,
and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
He is mine forever.

I love how He is involved in every minute of my life. Physical transitions. Seasonal transitions. Relational transitions. HE is my strength - our strength. Amen. Memories were made inside their house.



No comments:

Post a Comment