Sunday, December 11, 2011

Advent Can Include Adoration

Today was the children's program at church. What a great representation of Luke 2 and Matthew 2:  Mary, Joseph, angels, sheep, shepherds, star, wisemen, donkey. The performers were young children and elementary children.  Some wanted their mothers, some posed for cameras, some smiled, and some stuck to the "script".  Five year old Mary and five year old Joseph gently wrapped baby Jesus in a blanket. The young angel smiled while she delivered the message to the shepherds. The other angels joined the angel and held their arms in the air so that parents could get pictures. Parents stayed in their seats and quietly took pictures but their children knew. Adoration toward the Baby Jesus was seen.

The sermon followed and made us focus on Jesus, the Son of God, who became human. HE can relate to us emotionally, physically, and experiencially. Jesus was rejected even by His Father (on the cross), felt true pain (on the cross), and knew loss (death of his earthly father, sometime between age of 12 and death, John 19:25 - 27).  At one point His brothers misunderstood Him. The people who knew Him while growing up rejected Him. And, He physically got tired like when He was at the well, sitting, resting. 

Reflecting on my life, it has been comforting to know that God incarnate understood me.  He had felt betrayed, alone, rejected, misunderstood, tempted, limited physically, left His home, and in pain. I don't have to say, "But no one understands all that I have given up...been through, etc."  He does! 

But why ADORATION?  I love Him because He knows me.  I love Him because He loves me.  I love Him because He has sacrificed Heaven, the Throne, and His life for me.  I worship Him because He is God. I worship Him because He gives Peace.  I worship Him because He is accessible.  I worship Him because He is Love.  I worship Him because He is my Savior.

Mary responded,
“Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.
How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,
and from now on all generations will call me blessed.
For the Mighty One is holy,
and Hdone great things for me.
He shows mercy from generation to generation
to all who fear Him.
His mighty arm has done tremendous things!
... ... ... ... ...
He has helped His servant Israel
and remembered to be merciful.
Luke 1:46 - 54  NLT
O come, all ye faithful,

Joyful and triumphant,
O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem;
Come and behold him,
Born the King of angels;
O come, let us adore him,
O come, let us adore him,
O Come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment